Sweet potato chorizo soup
› 2 large sweet potatoes
› 3 tablespoons butter
› 1/2 yellow onion chopped
› 1 cup chicken stock
› 1/4 tsp cinnamon
› 1/4 tsp nutmeg
› 1/4 tsp white pepper
› 8 oz chorizo
› Sour cream for garnish
1) Crumble chorizo in a skillet and cook on medium heat until cooked through, stirring constantly—about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
2) Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes.
3) Melt butter in stock pot over medium heat. Cook onions in butter for 2-3 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and 1/2 cup of chicken stock. Cook over medium to medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until potatoes begin to get tender, stirring frequently.
4) Add the rest of the chicken stock and spices, cooking for an additional several minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
5) Puree soup in a blender or food processor until completely smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add more chicken stock. Stir in chorizo.
6) Serve hot and garnish with a dollop of sour cream.