Four places to store wine in your Entegra Coach
After spending 25 years in the wine business, one thing I didn’t want to leave behind when we set out to live full-time in our Entegra Coach Aspire motorcoach, was being able to regularly drink quality wines. In fact, we have dedicated a rather large amount of space in our house on wheels to the enjoyment of wine. We have:
- A wine rack we built from a kit in the cupboard below our dinette which holds around 32 bottles of wine. We use this for higher-end / special occasion wines.
- A couple of cases of everyday wines under our bed
- A few bottles of everyday wines in our pantry which are easy to access
- A bottle of white or rosé wine in our refrigerator
Should You Store Your Wine in a Wine Fridge?
Our model didn’t come with a wine fridge, but some floor models (such as the Anthem 44W) offer this as an option. You might also choose to install a Dometic cooler in a storage bay which can be used as a wine fridge. In any case, it’s entirely possible to store wine in your RV. In fact, we had close to ten cases on board at one point.
We live full-time in our Aspire 44B and continually moderate the interior temperature. Since we aren’t planning to age any of our wines for more than ten years, I don’t worry about them. A wine fridge could be nice to ensure the temperature for drinking the wines was perfect, but I’m not afraid of putting wine in the freezer for 15 or 20 minutes before dinner and I don’t believe the wine suffers enough to warrant the cost.
What’s the Best Wine for RVers?
Would you believe me if I told you boxed wine is the best wine for RVers? Here’s 6 reasons why boxed is better:
- No glass to break
- It takes up less room for storage
- Weighs less
- Creates less waste
- Is the equivalent of 4 "normal" size bottles
- Stays fresh for 6 weeks after opening
Up until now, the problem has been finding really good wine in a box. Really Good Boxed Wine launched in 2022 and made premium wine available in a box.
Why is Really Good Boxed Wine Better?
- They make each wine using specific grape varieties from a particular site (or two). Some are even single vineyard wines.
- While most boxed wine is non-vintage, Really Good Boxed Wine is from a single vintage.
- Instead of putting the money into the packaging (glass bottles, corks, etc.) and shipping (boxed wine weighs less), they invest in the quality of the wine!
- The net cost for their boxed wines is the equivalent of about $15/bottle. But the quality is worth much more!
Really Good Boxed Wine is available for delivery in 43 states + DC. If you're concerned about having it shipped to your home or the RV park where you are staying, ship it to the UPS store closest to you or where you're heading. You can pick it up there for no charge. Oh! And you can save 10% when you use Entegra Coach ambassador, Anne Klumpp’s, code “ONTHEROAD.”