BEST SUNSETS AND STARGAZING SPOTS IN THE U.S.
The sky offers so much inspiration on the open road—and is a constant companion as you navigate your RV. Rain or shine, it provides a spectacular view when the sun rises and falls—and into the night when twinkling stars blanket everything as far as the eye can see.
Instead of driving through the parting sunsets and evening stars, try tacking on another memory to your adventure. Pull over to enjoy the scenery—whether you set up camp to see the sights or watch through the panoramic lens of your luxury coach’s windshield.
Check out a few of our favorite sunset and stargazing spots across the country.
Take in the salty air as you watch the sun set over the ripples and waves of the Pacific Ocean or gaze into the stars of the bright, isolated desert skies.
- Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica California – Sunset
- Death Valley National Park, Lone Pine, California – Stars
View the vivid colors of the setting sun or the striking evening stars among the breathtaking landscape of the Grand Canyon.
- Hopi Point or Yaki Point, Grand Canyon, Arizona – Sunset & Stars
Get away from it all and head lakeside for some of the most stunning sunsets and stellar stargazing in the Midwest.
Watch the sun set from the green-covered cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean or catch the evening starlight—and perhaps a glimpse of the Northern Lights—from one of the most renowned stargazing spots in the country.
- Gay Head - Martha’s Vineyard, Aquinnah, Massachusetts – Sunset
- Cherry Springs State Park, Pennsylvania – Stars
Soak up the Florida sunset or observe an impressive display of stars from the southernmost part of the U.S.
- Mallory Square, Key West, Florida – Sunset
- Mahogany Hammock Trail, Everglades National Park, Florida – Stars
Be on the lookout for breathtaking sunsets and stars everywhere you go, pull over and enjoy the views. Consider downloading one of these smartphone and/or tablet apps to help you navigate the sun and stars no matter where your next trip takes you:
- Night Sky Lite (iOS | Android)
- Sky Map (Android)
- GoSkyWatch Planetarium for iPad (iOS)
- Sunrise Sunset (iOS | Android)
Whether you are headed to a specific viewing spot or are driving down the open road, be sure to take a moment to enjoy sky’s natural beauty.